pspp-users

Re: multiple response set

From: Matthias Faeth
Subject: Re: multiple response set
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 15:22:00 +0100

I would support that. Multi Response is the one procedure that lets me stick to SPSS. I'm not a progammer but would help with testing and comparing.

Matthias Fäth
Im Mediapark 12
50670 Köln
t: 0221-2907973
m: 0171-9832175
e: address@hidden

On 08/01/2015 06:54, Ben Pfaff wrote:
On Wed, Jan 07, 2015 at 12:32:26AM +0100, F. Thomas wrote:
I found the MRSETS command which allows to analyse multiple reponse
questions;
But the MULT RESPONSE command has not yet been implemented, according to the
manual.
So how to analyse mult response questions ? What can you do with MRSETS when
you have no Mult response frequencies or tables ?

There is no such functionality yet.  MRSETS is implemented to allow the
.sav file format to be more completely supported, but multiple response
sets are not otherwise useful.

This is a pity. The multiple response format is a widely used in survey research and few stats programs have a proc to analyse them.

Having this opportunity in PSPP would strongly increase its usefulness for a wider audience.

And what does the cryptic sentence mean (manual p.113)
Otherwise, multiple response sets are currently used only by third party
software.
Could you please be more specific ? Which third party software do you mean ?

Software other than PSPP.

This was already evident to me. But which one ? SPSS ?