pspp-users

Re: PSPP for windows doesn't save files (Charles Johnson)

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Re: PSPP for windows doesn't save files (Charles Johnson)
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 23:40:05 +0200

Hi

Did you check if the complete directory where PSPP is installed is removed with uninstall? You can see the path when uninstalling.

Has the other computer als C:\Users\André or is it another username?

The big differences are in the version before and after july 2015, You can check what happens with the version from juni, but I guess that is nog the reason of your prolem.

Have fun

_____________________________
> Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 18:03:21 -0300
> From: address@hidden
> To: address@hidden
> CC: address@hidden; address@hidden
> Subject: Re: RE: PSPP for windows doesn't save files (Charles Johnson)
>
> Hi, Charles. I did it. I installed the lats two 64 bits versions and
> the last 32 bits. All the time I did unisyalled and tried with other
> versions. The problem persists.
> I always recieve those messages:
>
> "error: Creating temporary file
> C:\Users\André\Documents\test.sav.tmpdiMErt: No
> such file or directory.
>
> error: Error opening `C:\Users\André\Documents\test.sav' for writing as a
> system file: No such file or directory".

Hello, Do you use Windows 8?
 There is another user who has a similar problem using pspp in this OS.
My recommendation is to install PSPP as administrator.

As the problem persists, please write a bug report and include more details for developers can replicate and fix the problem.
Remember to follow these recommendations: http://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/manual/html_node/Bugs.html#Bugs

Cheers

CJT