pspp-users

Re: installation for windows?

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: installation for windows?
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 14:13:48 +0100

Hi Dorie,

As you say, installation (and many other things) on Windows is tricky.
There are several things you have to find out first, as Alan has
described.  Following his suggestions should probably work.

However, as you say that you have now retired, you are freed from any
stipulations imposed upon you by your employer, so now might be a good
time to make the switch to GNU/Linux - where things are so much easier.

If you choose Trisquel, Gnewsense or any other Debian based GNU/Linux
distribution, then installing PSPP is a breeze.  Just type:

        apt-get install pspp

Hey presto!  It's installed!

PSPP works faster and  better on GNU and GNU/Linux although it does
function on other platforms too.

J'

     On 12/9/2015 1:38 PM, Dorie Glover wrote:
     >Hi All:
     >I was a dedicated spss user til I retired and unable to access
     >cheap version.  Want to use pspp, but am not savy enuf to
     >understand how to download.  Can someone give a brief step by
     >step?  I have searched and all the links/discussions so far are
     >too complex for a non-programmer.
     >
     >Thanks!
     >DorieDew

     Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.
     President, Talent Algorithms Inc.
     science + technology = better workers

     +815.588.3846 (Office)
     +267.334.4143 (Mobile)
      http://www.alanmead.org

     Announcing the Journal of Computerized Adaptive Testing (JCAT), a
     peer-reviewed electronic journal designed to advance the science and
     practice of computerized adaptive testing: http://www.iacat.org/jcat