pspp-users

Re: Mac downloads

From: Friedrich Beckmann
Subject: Re: Mac downloads
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 08:28:44 +0100

Hi,

from my experience the difficulty ist rather to install and manage macports as this requires to install
Apple XCode which requires an apple developer access, then the macports software. I guess
if you can install macports, then installing pspp is not the issue anymore. Because then
you know what it means to open the terminal and type

sudo port install pspp

and possibly

sudo port search pspp
sudo port selfupdate
sudo port upgrade

People who have problems to install packages which are no signed by copying to the desktop and
explicitly doing right-mouse and „open“ will probably not be able to install macports.

Friedrich