pspp-users

Re: PSPP help

From: Claire de Koker
Subject: Re: PSPP help
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 11:04:57 +0200

HI all

thanks for the help. So I've uninstalled the previous version, and re-installed the latest version - it still comes up with the message as per 2nd screenshot below. I am able to save though so do I just ignore the message? I downloaded the latest version as per 1st screenshot below (the link above the list of versions). If its nothing to worry about, great, I'll keep going!

Thanks for the help!
Claire

Inline images 1

Inline images 2

On 23 February 2016 at 22:26, Alan Mead <address@hidden> wrote:
On 2/23/2016 1:49 PM, Harry Thijssen wrote:
> It is non-ascii characters in the filename or the path. Anyway, this
> shouldn't happen any more in the latest version when you save it from
> the GUI. So I don't think this is the problem.

Except that she uninstalled the latest version because it had the
message about being "experimental."

Claire: Harry thinks that the latest version of PSPP fixes this problem,
so uninstall the older version and try the latest version; hopefully the
problem goes away.

-Alan

--

Alan D. Mead, Ph.D.
President, Talent Algorithms Inc.

science + technology = better workers

+815.588.3846 (Office)
+267.334.4143 (Mobile)

http://www.alanmead.org

I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe...
functions on fire in a copy of Orion.
I watched C-Sharp glitter in the dark near a programmable gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like Ruby... on... Rails... Time for Pi.

          --"The Register" user Alister, applying the famous
            "Blade Runner" speech to software development