pspp-users

Re: Import excel problems

From: Alan Mead
Subject: Re: Import excel problems
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2017 15:29:27 -0500

AFAIK, no Excel format is a supported format (but PSPP is open-source, so feel free to write that missing functionality and contribute it to our community).

I suggest that you save the excel file as a Tab-delimited, CSV or ODS file and try importing that.  ODS would be the closest to the Excel formats.

Maybe you also found a bug: I just tried saving a small Excel file using Office 2010 as "OpenDocument Spreadsheet format" and importing into GNU pspp 0.10.4-g50f7b7 and I do see that there is a mostly blank screen at the end of the import wizard. But I clicked "apply" and it imported OK.

If you think you might be seeing a bug (e.g., if by "import Excel data" you do mean something like tab-delimited or CSV) then please be more specific about the steps required to replicate the bug. Also include a short dataset (or information that is OK to make public) that triggers the bug, ideally as a plan ASCII (tab-delimited or CSV).

-Alan