pspp-users

Re: Define set of multiple answer variable

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Define set of multiple answer variable
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2017 08:54:34 +0100

On Sat, Nov 04, 2017 at 08:54:34PM -0300, Betsab?? Cohen wrote:
     Hi:
     How can I define a set of multiple answer variable???
     In the questionarie respondents were asked who they live with and in the
     answers I have 7 variables (one for each family member) with yes no
     answers( coded as 0,1).
     I'd like to create a contingency table where I can get in the column the
     age (that i have already recoded into ranges) and in the lines the members
     of the family

It sounds like you are doing two things, 1.) recoding, and 2) transposing.

The first can be done by various commands, eg: FILTER, COMPUTE, RECODE.  The
second task can be done with FLIP.

J'

--
Avoid eavesdropping.  Send strong encrypted email.
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3