psychosynth-user

Re: More problems [Fwd: Re: [psynth-user] Help installing]

From: Aleksander Morgado
Subject: Re: More problems [Fwd: Re: [psynth-user] Help installing]
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 12:38:08 +0200

Alex, sorry to bother you again, but I think you had solved that
already. Any tips?

I don't think I had the same problem...

address@hidden:~$ psynth3d
[psynth.base.config.xml] ERROR: Could not open config file for reading:
/home/ubuntu/.psychosynth/psychosynth.xml. The application might create it
later.

This is normal...

[gui] INFO: Loading settings.
[psynth.base.config.xml] ERROR: Could not open config file for reading:
/home/ubuntu/.psychosynth/psynth3d.xml. The application might create it
later.

This is normal...

[gui] INFO: Initializing Ogre.
[gui] INFO: Initializing OIS.
[gui] INFO: Initializing synthesizer.
macagonla
macagonla
sample_rate 44100
block_size 256
num_channels 2
[gui] INFO: Initializing networking.
[gui] INFO: Initializing scene.
[alsa] WARNING: Could not write to device. (Broken pipe)

I don't get this message...

[gui] INFO: Initializing CEGUI.
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'CEGUI::GenericException'
Aborted (core dumped)

And neither a problem like this... Is the core file available? I might be able to debug it.

I guess is something CEGUI related... I currently have installed the latest
version of ogre and cegui from Andrew Fenn's repository...
Anything I can try?

My Cegui packages are as follows. First two come directly from ubuntu, not from the PPA:

address@hidden:/usr/bin$ dpkg -l  | grep cegui
ii libcegui-mk2-1 0.6.1-1ubuntu1 Crazy Eddie's GUI (libraries) ii libcegui-mk2-dev 0.6.1-1ubuntu1 Crazy Eddie's GUI (development files) ii libceguiogre-dev 1.6.2~ppa1 CEGUI Ogre Renderer (development files) ii libceguiogre16 1.6.2~ppa1 CEGUI Ogre Renderer (libraries)

Are they completely the same in your installation?

Cheers,
-Aleksander