pupa-devel

Re: Out of range pointer error

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: Re: Out of range pointer error
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:49:42 +0100

On Thursday 19 February 2004 00:06, Marco Gerards wrote:
> The problem is, AFAIK, caused by pupa_malloc, it allocated memory on
> the location 0x300000, but the header is located on that place as
> well ((*r)->addr in get_header_from_pointer is set to 0x300010).
>
> So I think the header needs to be marked as allocated, right?
> Anyway, I will have a look at it, unless someone else can fix this in
> a few minutes.

No, the header should not be included in the ring buffer. So
(theoretically) pupa_malloc should not use the region of a header.

Do you compile the code in 64-bit? I tested the code only in 32-bit, so
it might have problems in a different word size.

I attach my test suite for the memory management to this mail. You can
replace mm.c with PUPA's (probably with few modifications). You need to
modify mm.h manually, if you compile it in 64-bit mode. Running test*,
you can get many, many debug messages. They dump the structures of
memory buffers, so the messages are not very easy to understand, but
they will give you some ideas.

Okuji