py-rrdtool-users

[py-rrdtool-users] generate graphs directly to a buffer

From: Clemens Weninger
Subject: [py-rrdtool-users] generate graphs directly to a buffer
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 23:34:26 +0100

Hello everybody,
I am trying to generate dynamic graphs with the python bindings and display
them directly on a web page. I would like to generate the graphs directly in a
buffer and not take the detour of saving them to disk.
If I use

#!/usr/bin/python
import rrdtool
rrdtool.graph(('-', <options>)

I get the output directly into the stdout, but I found no way to redirect the
output in any way. Is it even possible to use something like  cStringIO to get
the output in a buffer I can access?
If it is not possible at the moment is is possible to modify the bindings to
include this functionality without too much work?

Any ideas are appreciated

Thanks

Clemens Weninger