qemu-arm

[Qemu-arm] Qemu ARM M4 emulation

From: REY, Julien
Subject: [Qemu-arm] Qemu ARM M4 emulation
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 12:28:56 +0000

Hello,

I have got some questions about Qemu, I will start by explain you our problem :

Our customer want to virtualize their physical test bench. Their test bench is composed by a controller device who contained embedded C code executed by a Cortex ARM M4 kernel and their physical system with sensors and actuators. The virtualization of the physical system is not a problem for us.

The main problem is the controller emulation. The solution we have is to emulate the ARM M4 Kernel for execute the embedded code developed and then to connect to the virtual system.

We tought of Qemu to do that. We have experimented the emulation of a basic OS iso but for a Kernel whitout OS we don’t know where to start.

Main challenges :

  • Run an emulation of ARM M4 kernel
  • Compile and execute code
  • Taking into account Imputs/Outputs and the card controller architecture.

Do you think that Qemu can be a solution to our problem ?

Thank you in advance.

Julien REY

Capgemini Digital Engineering & Manufacturing Services| System Engineering & Operations

Tel.: +33 5 82 28 06 89

SOGETI HIGH TECH | AEROPARK – 3 Chemin Laporte | 31300 TOULOUSE

www.capgemini.com  www.sogeti-hightech.fr

https://visualidentity.capgemini.com/capgemini.png

Connect with Capgemini:

Please consider the environment and do not print this email unless absolutely necessary.

Capgemini encourages environmental awareness.