Re: [Qemu-block] [Qemu-devel] [PULL 14/34] iotests: Launch qemu-nbd with

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-block] [Qemu-devel] [PULL 14/34] iotests: Launch qemu-nbd with -e 42
Date: Wed, 3 May 2017 16:12:54 +0200

Am 29.04.2017 um 00:08 hat Eric Blake geschrieben:
> On 04/28/2017 03:33 PM, Kevin Wolf wrote:
> > From: Max Reitz <address@hidden>
> >
> > There is no reason for the qemu-nbd server used for tests not to accept
> > an arbitrary number of clients. In fact, test 181 will require it to
> > accept two clients at the same time (and thus it fails before this
> > patch).
>
> Quick question:
>
> Is this mention of test 181 the same test that occurs earlier in the
> pull request as 8/34?  If so, should the series have been reordered for
> bisectability?  If not, should the commit message be touched up?
>
> At any rate, bisectability of qemu-iotests is less of a concern than
> bisectability of 'make check' success, so I don't think your answer
> invalidates the pull request.

Yes, it's the same test 181 and if someone had noticed before I sent the
pull request, I might have reordered the patches, but I don't think
there's any practical bisectability problem with introducing a
qemu-iotests case that fails on NBD. If you bisect, you typically bisect
for a specific setup and test case rather than running the full set of
qemu-iotests.

Kevin