[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Qemu-block] [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 1/5] docs/interop/prl-xml: descript
Re: [Qemu-block] [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 1/5] docs/interop/prl-xml: description of Parallels Disk format
Mon, 22 Jan 2018 14:32:43 -0600
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/52.5.2
On 01/12/2018 03:01 AM, Klim Kireev wrote:
> This patch adds main information about Parallels Disk
> format, which consists of DiskDescriptor.xml and other files.
> Signed-off-by: Edgar Kaziakhmedov <address@hidden>
> Signed-off-by: Klim Kireev <address@hidden>
> Signed-off-by: Vladimir Sementsov-Ogievskiy <address@hidden>
> Signed-off-by: Denis V. Lunev <address@hidden>
> CC: Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden>
> docs/interop/prl-xml.txt | 158
> 1 file changed, 158 insertions(+)
> create mode 100644 docs/interop/prl-xml.txt
> diff --git a/docs/interop/prl-xml.txt b/docs/interop/prl-xml.txt
> new file mode 100644
> index 0000000000..7031f8752c
> --- /dev/null
> +++ b/docs/interop/prl-xml.txt
> @@ -0,0 +1,158 @@
> += License =
> +Copyright (c) 2015-2017, Virtuozzo, Inc.
Want to claim 2018 as well?
> +This specification contains minimal information about Parallels Disk Format,
> +which is enough to proper work with QEMU. Nevertheless, Parallels Cloud
> +and Parallels Desktop are able to add some unspecified nodes to xml and use
> +them, but they are for internal work and don't affect functionality. Also it
> +uses auxiliary xml "Snapshot.xml", which allows to store optional snapshot
s/allows to store/allows storing/
> +information, but it doesn't influence open/read/write functionality. QEMU and
> +other software should not use fields not covered in this document and
> +Snapshot.xml file and must leave them as is.
> += Parallels Disk Format =
> +Parallels disk consists of two parts: the set of snapshots and the disk
> +descriptor file, which stores information about all files and snapshots.
> +== Definitions ==
> + Snapshot a record of the contents captured at a particular time,
> + capable of storing current state. A snapshot has UUID and
> + parent UUID.
s/has UUID/has a UUID/
> +== Disk_Parameters element ==
> +The Disk_Parameters element describes the physical layout of the virtual disk
> +and some general settings.
> +The Disk_Parameters element MUST contain the following child elements:
> + * Disk_size - number of sectors in the disk,
> + desired size of the disk.
In sectors and not bytes? Is it possible to have an image that is not
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. +1-919-301-3266
Virtualization: qemu.org | libvirt.org
Description: OpenPGP digital signature
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH 0/5 v3] preparation for Parallels Disk xml driver, Klim Kireev, 2018/01/12
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH 3/5] block/parallels: move some structures into header, Klim Kireev, 2018/01/12
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH 1/5] docs/interop/prl-xml: description of Parallels Disk format, Klim Kireev, 2018/01/12
- Re: [Qemu-block] [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 1/5] docs/interop/prl-xml: description of Parallels Disk format,
Eric Blake <=
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH 2/5] configure: add dependency, Klim Kireev, 2018/01/12
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH 5/5] block/parallels: add backing support to readv/writev, Klim Kireev, 2018/01/12
- [Qemu-block] [PATCH 4/5] block/parallels: replace some magic numbers, Klim Kireev, 2018/01/12
- Re: [Qemu-block] [Qemu-devel] [PATCH 0/5 v3] preparation for Parallels Disk xml driver, klim, 2018/01/19
- Re: [Qemu-block] [PATCH 0/5 v3] preparation for Parallels Disk xml driver, Stefan Hajnoczi, 2018/01/22