Re: [Qemu-block] [libvirt] [Qemu-devel] Configuring pflash devices for O

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-block] [libvirt] [Qemu-devel] Configuring pflash devices for OVMF firmware
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2019 14:58:18 +0000

On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 at 14:56, Laszlo Ersek <address@hidden> wrote:
> Regarding OVMF, I kept the flash driver intentionally in the dark about
> split vs. unified pflash, so OVMF will not care, as long as the same
> GPAs behave the same as before.
>
> Regarding ArmVirtQemu, I'm not so sure. It think it already depends on
> two separate pflash chips, through the DTB that QEMU exposes. So
> unifying the chips (albeit with multiple regions) might actually confuse
> the firmware.

"virt" is a funny case because there is no underlying hardware
that we're trying to match. So it is whatever we say it is
and we've said it's two separate pflash chips. We don't need
to change that I think. (IIRC this is derived partly from
OVMF usecase requirements and partly from the vexpress devboards
having 2 flash chips.)

thanks
-- PMM