qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU 0.2 is out

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU 0.2 is out
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 02:58:57 +0200

Most of the QEMU architecture is now finished. There are still complicated issues regarding thread locking. My main issue is that I would like to avoid locking the cpu emulator while doing 'tb_find()'.

DOSEMU is now working better (I was able to launch DOS Navigator and a small VGA demonstration). The speed seems reasonnable althought QEMU has to emulate both the DOS code _and_ the dosemu code itself !

About the Sparc code: is it possible to move the prolog and epilog generation from dyngen_code() to the cpu main loop ? It would ease a lot the precise exception handling and the direct block chaining.

For Alpha and Sparc, if someone has an account that I can use, I could make some debug to fix the last issues.

Fabrice.