qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu dyngen.c exec-i386.c exec-i386.h exec.h op...

From: Falk Hueffner
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu dyngen.c exec-i386.c exec-i386.h exec.h op...
Date: 04 Jun 2003 14:12:02 +0200

Jerker Nyberg <address@hidden> writes:

> I tried to compile qemu on Alpha but cannot get it to work. I use
> gcc-2.96-112.7.1 (?) on a Red Hat Linux 7.1 distribution with
> kernel-2.4.3.
>
> I removed the "CFLAGS += -msmall-data -msmall-text" to get the
> compilation going, but got stuck later again at "./dyngen -o
> op-i386.h op-i386.o" with "dyngen: ret expected at the end of
> op_raise_interrupt".

Hmm, very weird. Must be a quirk of your compiler, maybe it doesn't
understand -fno-reorder-blocks -fno-optimize-sibling-calls
properly. 2.96 is pretty ancient and not even an official gcc release,
so I am not sure anybody is interested in making qemu work with
it. I'd advise to upgrade to 3.3.

Also, kernel 2.4.3 doesn not support getting the fault address in a
signal handler (unless Red Hat patched that in). I don't know how
essential that is for qemu, though.

Finally, qemu does currently not work on Alpha anyway, and only worked
for very simple programs previously, maybe Fabrice will have a look at
it, I don't have time currently, unfortunately.

--
        Falk