qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 21:49:33 +0200

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
I was just playing with the ARM support, it's great to see it taking
shape :)  Fabrice, are you still investigating it, or does it work for
you?  My local ARM setup crashes a few hundred instructions into ld.so;
a loop runs for too long and hits the top of the stack.

With my latest commits it is working: QEMU can launch dynamically linked 'ls' and 'bash' processes. I will provide soon a binary archive so that people can at least try it if they have problems.

Warning: no FPU emulation is done. I just added the necessary code to skip the few FPU instructions present in the libc. If anyone has ideas about FPU on ARM, I am interested. Unfortunately the Linux distributions seem to use the kernel based NetWinder FPU emulator.

I tested the ARM support with an ARM glibc-2.2.5 from a debian 3.0 installed on a StrongARM board.

Fabrice.