qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] CVS notes...

From: Chad Page
Subject: [Qemu-devel] CVS notes...
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 11:07:01 -0700 (PDT)

        The ppc compile problem can be fixed by changing "regs" to "gregs"
at the place described earlier.  The resulting build works well - I'm able
to run wine under it and everything.

        After some trickery (like merging in the changes from i386-vl.ld
into a ppc-vl.ld, basically looking at the diffs from i386.ld) and
pointing the linkline to that, vl now compiles but it's use of SDL messes
up my X11, and I doubt it's actually loading the kernel.  But it should be
close to actually working now, and I'm quite interested in seeing where it
goes.

        I'd definitely like to see a ppc target as well... a system mode
emulation based off of MOL (and more compatible with standard kernels)
would be incredible, even if it was slow because of the register issues.
But first - what's the best way to start on a user target?

        - Chad