qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Investigating QEMU source with eye towards integration

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Investigating QEMU source with eye towards integration of JIT into bochs
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 20:58:34 +0100

John R. Hogerhuis wrote:
I am taking a look at the QEMU source code with an eye towards what
would be necessary to integrate the JIT engine into bochs.

In the process of my investigation I will be generating some notes...
one possibility is that I could generate some external programmer
documentation for the QEMU project.

Would this be of help? What in particular is needed? Preferred format?

I am interested in the integration of QEMU into Bochs as it would allow easier testing of the QEMU cpu core by comparing it with the bochs emulator in cosimulation mode. An important problem is that QEMU does not have a target CPU cycle counter, but I will add it soon.

About the documentation, you can patch the QEMU library include file using the javadoc format and/or make a new documentation in texinfo format (see qemu-doc.texi).

Don't hesitate to ask for details or features.

Fabrice.