qemu-devel

segfault -- was Re: [Qemu-devel] Unsupported syscall: 149

From: Michael Torrie
Subject: segfault -- was Re: [Qemu-devel] Unsupported syscall: 149
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 12:00:02 -0700

On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 01:39, Michael Torrie wrote:
> I've managed to get many simple apps to work under qemu, but many more
> complicated apps, including one I'm developing cause qemu 0.5 to seg
> fault with a message "Unsupported syscall: 149."  What is this syscall
> and will we ever be able to have it supported?

Alright I misunderstood what was going on.  What is really happening is
that qemu-i386 is crashing on many of my programs (often after the
message Unsupported syscall.

In the debugger, I find that at some point, the inline function ldub_raw
in cpu-all.h is passed a null pointer.  Hence it segfaults.  This may
have something to do with all the libraries I put in my i386- lib folder
to try to get things like wine running, as some programs before ran just
fine and now they segfault.  I will attempt to get a better backtrace.

Oddly enough, when I when to build a qemu binary with all optimization
off to get a better debug view, it now crashes on all programs with an
"illegal instruction error.

--
Michael Torrie <address@hidden>