qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Knoppix results

From: Kyle Hayes
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Knoppix results
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 21:29:10 -0800

On Thursday 29 January 2004 15:22, Fabrice Bellard wrote:
> It seems there is a problem in TB invalidation during asynchronous
> interrupts (I have already seen random infinite loops in
> tb_reset_jump_recursive()). I have no idea of the exact cause of the
> problem.

Hmm, is there any way we can help with this?

Something is definitely looping.  The CPU pegs at 100%.  It does seem related
to disk interrupts in my case. I haven't managed to make it do it anywhere
else.

Over the weekend I'll compile QEMU without stripping symbols and see if I can
get gdb to help me figure out how I got into the loop.  I seem to be able to
recreate it without any problems using Knoppix and running the knx-hdinstall
script.  It can take a while though (15 minutes sometimes).

QEMU is amazingly good already!

Best,
Kyle