qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Code Copy / New Linux boot code

From: Artur Skawina
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Code Copy / New Linux boot code
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 15:58:49 +0100

Michael Torrie wrote:
what I was proposing is really outside the scope of qemu entirely, and
could be implemented with a real windows box running on some remote
machine.  All I was saying is that should such a driver system exist,
then combining that with qemu and a real copy of Windows XP would allow
a nice "rootless" environment where your real windows xp windows (MS
Word, etc) could appear on your X11 desktop.  I've been after Win4Lin

http://xwinx.sourceforge.net/ seems close (i don't know about performance and the rootless mode).