qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] libXt not found

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: [Qemu-devel] libXt not found
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 21:14:14 +0000

hi all,

i recently compiled qemu from source on my ibook running linux/ppc
(slackintosh to be exact). my aim was to try and run a browser binary for
x86 so i could use a flash plugin. (there's no flash plugin for linux/ppc
as you may know.) i first tried opera, which starts up and displays the
main window but hangs when it tries to display a page.

i then tried a precompiled MozillaFirefox binary. at first i got a few
error messages about gtk-related libs, which basically came down to the
fact that it was finding the ppc versions. this was solved by putting the
x86 version of the relevant libraries in the appropriate subdir of
/usr/gnemul/qemu-i386/.

but now i'm stuck on this error:

address@hidden:~/src/firefox $ ./firefox
./firefox-bin: error in loading shared libraries: libXt.so.6: cannot open

i put an x86 binary for libXt in /usr/gnemul/qemu-i386/usr/X11R6/lib/, but
no joy. it seems that the entire libXt library cannot be found. not the x86
one, but also the ppc one isn't found (as happened with the gtk libs.)

anyone have an idea what might be going on? and how to solve it?

TIA

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments