qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Installing GNU/Linux from CD-ROMs

From: Jean-Michel POURE
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Installing GNU/Linux from CD-ROMs
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 15:10:56 +0100

Dear all,

I am building a small compilation farm for the pgAdmin project
(http://www.pgadmin.org).

When trying to install some GNU/Linux distributions (like RedHat 9.0 /
Mandrake 9.x / Mandrake 10.x), the installation CDs are not well recognized.

What do you recommand:

- wait for an updated Qemu allowing me to install from CD-ROMs? Maybe it is
just a question of irq like in the case of networking (which now woks fine).

- Or shall I install on real machines and copy to disc image?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel