qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: QEMU News: Win32 Port

From: John R. Hogerhuis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: QEMU News: Win32 Port
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 23:09:36 -0800

I get the same behavior... qemu that is built just silently exits, with
no output.

The SDL probe can be fixed by moving it down just after cc is redefined
to include the cross compiler prefix.

I did the same thing you did and removed the -lutil prefix to get the
last step to compile.

There does seem to be one more issue in the install for the main
Makefile... it wants to copy a the qemu-mkcow utility but the TOOLS
macro is already set to nothing because CONFIG_WIN32 is defined.

Some details:

I am using the following to build SDL:

./configure --host=i586-mingw32msvc --disable-nasm
--prefix=/home/john/projects/SDL-1.2.7

I added /home/john/projects/SDL-1.2.7 to beginning of my path so that
sdl-config would be found there.

Then I configured QEMU to make the cross compiler prefix under the
--enable-mingw32 option to match my compiler. I ran

./configure --enable-mingw32 --prefix=/home/john/projects/qemu
make install

qemu.exe gets created in i386-softmmu

I copied qemu.exe and SDL.dll from the SDL build to my vmware Win2K, and
upon running it fails as described above.

I wonder if I am missing copying over some library to the windows box.

-- John.