qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Win2k mouse

From: Jean-Michel POURE
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Win2k mouse
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:52:54 +0200

> While NT as guest behaves like this, just booting it
> is a test of patience why it might take some days before I get any real
> numbers.

Dear Mike,

Actually, under my Pentium4 1.8 Ghz desktop, QEMU is able to boot Win2k in 90
seconds (until password prompt) and needs another 30 seconds to display the
desk. This is fairly fast compared to other emulation softwares.

When using Bochs, I can remember installations lasting 48 hours and a one hour
startup. Using Qemu, I was able to install Win2k in one hour and a half.

In the case of Win2k, appying the ne2000 patch and solving the mouse issue
would be perfect. Then people can start using Win2k and sending bug reports,
patches and improvements.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel