qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] User mode only network progress

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: [Qemu-devel] User mode only network progress
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 01:00:55 +0200

Hi,

I finally had a few hours to work on the user mode network and I was able to set up my first TCP connections and DNS requests. I still have to make some cosmetics changes, but it works now at least for a Linux host.

I added an ARP protocol layer so that the guest OS can really see an ethernet network. I still have to add a simple DHCP server code to have an automatic network installation in most guest OSes.

Some people may be interested by a virtual PPP link via a virtual modem on the virtual serial port... but I won't implement it :-)

Fabrice.