qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Project: qemu OS zoo

From: Stefano Marinelli
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Project: qemu OS zoo
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:22:59 +0200

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 10:05:24PM +0200, Fabrice Bellard wrote:
> win95/win98: the timers run about 10 times slower, so all the graphical
> animations are slowed down by this factor - hopefully QEMU itself is not
> so slow !

qemu IS fast, even on PowerPC. I have several x86 and PPC machines, and
I must admit that on x86 it goes REALLY faster than on PPC. Anyway the
graphical problem slows really much. For example, the installation of
Reactos is fast, but when you open the "Start" menu, it "grows" slowly.
Reactos on Bochs (using MacOS) took about 20 minutes to install...never
reached a boot due to the slowness.

Stefano Marinelli