qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: no virtual network emulation

From: Savio Ramos
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: no virtual network emulation
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:45:57 -0300

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:45:58 +0200
Gabriel Ebner <address@hidden> wrote:

> Then you have to supply "-fda /dev/fd0" to qemu if you want to boot from
> floppy (as you told qemu with "-boot a"),

Now I tried:

qemu -boot a -fda /dev/fd0 /home/savio/emu.img

When boot options appears it is possible to choose three options:
1. boot without cdrom support
2. boot with cdrom support
3. help

The options 2 and 3 works fine but the first crashes. The error messages is
below. (note that this message appear in qemu window not in x-terminal of
linux).

no drivers found, abort instalation
ERROR PCI READ CONFIGURATION FAILURE

> but since I don't think Windows 98 comes on floppys (correct me if I'm wrong)
> > you'll have to supply "-boot d -cdrom /dev/cdrom" to qemu in order to boot
> from cdrom.

My win98 cdrom can't boot. It's necessary boot with floppy, choose "boot with
cdrom support", put cdrom in the device, change to "drive e:" and install
windows of cdrom.

> But don't forget to insert the floppys/cdrom.

I inserted.

Any other idea?

[]'s
--