qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [SDL] Problem with mouse grabbing

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [SDL] Problem with mouse grabbing
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 17:41:54 -0400

On Sun, Apr 25, 2004 at 06:45:08PM -0500, Greg Alexander wrote:
> QEMU Needs to grab the mouse because it emulates a real mouse, instead
> of using a pseudo-mouse driver.

I don't follow you here. How would using a pseudo-mouse driver fix it?

> As a result, mouse scaling will always be a problem, since all the user
> has to do is change the mouse scaling in the host OS to cause problems
> with the tracking (the scaling problem you noticed.)

There must be some way to detect this. If we did know what the mouse scaling
was, this should be easy to compensate for.

> That's not to
> mention if the mouse came in somewhere different from where it left.
> There's nothing to cause the emulated mouse pointer to move to the
> position where the real one entered the QEMU window.

It does for me, actually. And I didn't deliberately change any code to make it
do this, either. It seems to be a side effect.

> GREG
<snip>