qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Win2003 and network - the saga continues

From: James Ascroft-Leigh
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Win2003 and network - the saga continues
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 16:27:48 +0100

On Sat, 2004-05-01 at 17:39 +0300, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> I created an ISO image with the network driver (the image is attached as gzip
> - the funny part is that when it's un-gzipped, it's 320k, gzipped - 5k) and
> with a simple README file. Fabrice, could you add it to the QEMU web site
> please? (or to CVS)

I don't think it is a good idea if Fabrice starts publishing other
people's software.  I don't know what the licence is but perhaps just a
hyper-link would suffice.

> Problem is, windows 2003 doesn't even want to ping..
> The Windows setting is: 192.168.1.3, net mask 255.255.255.0
> I tried to add a gateway to 192.168.1.12 (this host machine) but it didn't
> help..

You added the host machine as a gateway within the guest?  You also need
to tell the host how to respond to the pings with something like:

route add -host <guest IP address> tun0

Personally I use the scripts published to the list earlier to set up NAT
and DHCP for the guest machine.  The post was by Nathan Hand on Thursday
entitled "improved qemu-ifup script".