qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEmu freezes Linux while installing win98 or win2000

From: David Sibai
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEmu freezes Linux while installing win98 or win2000
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 18:44:49 +0200

Hi,
The last time I had bizarre problems (freezes, crashes, which finally killed
my system by corrupting the fs) was because my ram was faulty. Since the
faulty bits were in the >200Mb area, the bugs did not show up until I ran
memory-hungry processes. In your case Qemu maybe with -m anawfullotofmemory?
I realized it was my ram when I tried to build gentoo and got various
segfaults during the build, and memtest86 confirmed this.

David