qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Video Driver for Win NT-based systems

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Video Driver for Win NT-based systems
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 20:38:31 +0200

Martin Garton wrote:
On Wed, 12 May 2004, Grzegorz Kulewski wrote:

I was thinking about using some DirectX to OpenGL emulator too (maybe from wine but this is probably not complete and, as I know wine, will never be). I heard that Direct3D was cleaned up somewhere about 8-9 version so that is can be converted to OpenGL so maybe somebody already did this?

Would it be feasable to emulate a 3d capable graphics card instead and implement that using opengl on the host? That way it doesn't matter whether the guest is using directx version n, or opengl. It will all be supported.

QEMU will integrate a full SiS 6326 PCI VGA card emulation. This card has accelerated 2D and 3D support. The priority will be 2D support first, but 3D support with OpenGL will be possible in the future.

Fabrice.