qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Solaris 10 x86: status

From: Pavel Janík
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Solaris 10 x86: status
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 22:09:03 +0200

Hi,

the first phase of Solaris 10 x86 install went through with current CVS and
this command line:

/tmp/QEMU/bin/qemu -pci -boot d -cdrom
Solaris-10-x86/sol-10-install-b54-x86.iso -hda hda.img -m 512

After the first phase is finished and computer is rebooted -> qemu stopped,
I run the second phase with:

/tmp/QEMU/bin/qemu -pci -boot c -hda hda.img -m 512

The installation is now stalled with X server in QEMU running, I can open
Terminal/Console but the installation program is not running :-(

Also QEMU allocates approx. 1MB/2seconds.

After rebooting the machine, there is no partition available for boot.

It seems to have problems with RTC, because the already mentioned message
"No RTC date!?" appears sometimes and it also finished 5 seconds wait
before boot in about 1 second ;-)

I'm now trying the same with Solaris 9 x86 and will report it back soon.
--
Pavel Janík

Can you try to find a workaround at work?
(I guess you don't need a homearound at home. ;-)
                  -- Richard Stallman <address@hidden> in emacs-devel