qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Running QEMU on FreeBSD

From: Antony T Curtis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Running QEMU on FreeBSD
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 00:09:16 +0100

On Sat, 2004-05-29 at 23:24, Bartosz Fabianowski wrote:
> > I pulled in some code from Linux for the missing long double
> > functions... So in theory, the binary I have does have long double
> > support ;)
>
> Nice one. As far as I can tell from various mailing lists and bug
> reports, somebody is working on adding the long double rounding
> functions to FreeBSD's libc. Of course, they won't be able to use code
> from Linux due to licensing issues. So until that work is finished,
> maybe you could submit your patches so somebody could commit it to QEMU?
> I'd love to have long doubles in QEMU and don't want to duplicate your work.

Sure... I'll generate some diffs soon...
Meanwhile, I've done a few more mods so that QEMU can use FreeBSD's
devices... so that I can specify put "-cdrom /dev/cdrom" on the command
line - successfully booted off a FreeBSD install cdrom :D

Haven't successfully booted the XP partition, it hangs but I think it
could be down to partitionmagic doing something odd.

qemu-mkcow has also been amended to cope with devices in FreeBSD...