qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Running QEMU on FreeBSD

From: Bartosz Fabianowski
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Running QEMU on FreeBSD
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 01:01:07 +0200

For what it's worth, I regularly see the same thing running Windows XP in Virtual PC (Macintosh host). Not ideal, but somebody thinks it's good enough for a shipping product... That somebody is Microsoft, though, so take with a grain of salt. ;)

I think I read somewhere in QEMU's documentation that the actual x86 uses a non-standard representation for floating point numbers that is neither faithfully represented by double nor by long double. So unless you are willing to sacrifice heaps of speed for perfect emulation, I guess we will have to live with that.

- Bartosz