qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Usermode networking for win32

From: kazu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Usermode networking for win32
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 13:53:28 +0900

Hi,

Sunday, June 06, 2004 12:40 AM Stamatogiannakis Elofterios wrote:
>   Are we duplicating effort?
Yes.

 Sunday, June 06, 2004 11:57 AM Stamatogiannakis Elefterios wrote:

>   Kazu do you know if the entire poll section is needed in order to run
> slirp in vl.c? (i'm referring to /* poll any events */).

Yes, it needs.

It seems that my patch works. Here is my patch.

http://www.h7.dion.ne.jp/~qemu-win/download/qemu-0.5.5-slirp.patch.gz

It needs to refine it but I tested telnet, ftp, lynx in RedHat 7.2 on
Windows2000.

To make the program, apply this patch and ./configure --enable-slirp.

Then on GestOS,
modprobe ne irq=9 io=0x300
dhcpcd eth0              or                dhclient eth0

It takes time to get IP address from DHCP server. Then I can use those
programs.
I think it is the same for Morphix.

It needs to disable NTLM authentication on Windows2000 to telnet.

Regards,
kazu