qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] PPC system emulator

From: Gianni Tedesco
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] PPC system emulator
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 15:34:11 +0100

On Sat, 2004-06-19 at 15:34 +0200, J. Mayer wrote:
> for now, only PREP system will run, launching qemu this way:
> qemu-system-ppc -prep -kernel <my_kernel> ...
> Note that 2.2 and 2.6 kernels seem not to run for now.

Ah cool, I'm actually interested in powermac emulation for running
MacOSX. I have a powermac and a bunch of the manuals for the hardware,
so I could help out in some of my very limited idle cycles :)

> I temporary put the ROM sources and images there:
> http://site.voila.fr/jmayer/OpenHackWare/index.htm
> This is work in progress, so there may be lots of bugs or things to
> improve.

You aiming to implement all of OF, or just subset to boot fe.
macos/linux? I take it thats the main blocker? As all but most basic
hw/* stuff can be shared right...

> You can get BIOS messages thru qemu serial port at startup.
> Feel free to send me comments, patches....

Yeah, I'll give it a go.

--
// Gianni Tedesco (gianni at scaramanga dot co dot uk)
lynx --source www.scaramanga.co.uk/scaramanga.asc | gpg --import