qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] FreeOsZoo update

From: Jean-Michel POURE
Subject: [Qemu-devel] FreeOsZoo update
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 12:33:04 +0200

Dear Renzo and friends,

I upgraded the web page again and would like your feedback. I added a
to-do-list, submission guidelines and a contact list. Also, the SuSE 9.1
image is available.

FreeOSZoo temporary site:
http://www.poure.com/qemu/

About downloading from Università di Bologna,
I checked the downloading speed and found:

http://www.poure.com/screenshots/qemu_temp_20.png

Could you check the downloading speed from my dedicated server. They boast a
pretty high speed, but this may be only half-true. From my DSL line
connecting to www.poure.com, I have 120 Kbs/second.

What about you from Italy? Can other people try as well?

Can you check for example:
http://www.poure.com/qemu/SUSE-9.1-personal-x86.tar.bz2

This will help us determine the main FreeOSZoo downloading site. The images
are rather large. When we register Qemu on search engines and freeware
downloading sites, this will create a rush on Qemu and FreeOSZoo.

With pgAdmin, we sometimes have a million downloads in a month. We can only
cope with it using 100 mirrors around the world. This time, I feel that
Bittorent is the solution because the number of potential users is too large.

Kindest regards,
Jean-Michel