qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: RFC for new features

From: Jim C. Brown
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: RFC for new features
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 15:47:35 -0400

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 08:46:47PM +0200, Emmanuel Charpentier wrote:
> >- Config file support (syntax: qemu mypc.qmu)
>
> This one is *the* most important ! enables easy use and configuration by
> non-technical users (hint : use an easily-parsed format, allowing for GUI
> frontends).
>
>                                       Emmanuel Charpentier

You can have that now. The shell script called vqemu makes using a configuration
file for qemu easy. It just uses the config file to figure out which command
line parameters to pass to qemu. (I'd expect the .qmu config file to be more
bochs-like myself (the inability to change the default IRQ/IO addrs can be
frustrating when installing a new OS in qemu for the first time).) The caveat
is that the shell script won't work in Windows unless (maybe) you use Cygwin
bash.