qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] (Before) RFC for new features

From: Antony T Curtis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] (Before) RFC for new features
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 18:32:33 +0100

On Sat, 2004-07-10 at 16:37, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> Natalia Portillo wrote:
> > * 1 Chipset (Intel Natoma)
> >
> > We should have more?
> > If anyone can put more, great!
>
> How many chipset do you know that support Intel's Pentium Pro? Another
> chipset might require MMX/SSE support, not mentioning the BIOS support
> which is needed...

I don't think that the chipset particularly cares what extended
instructions the CPU can execute... However, BIOS support we are
definitely lacking. IIRC, the BIOS we are using doesn't do any PCI setup
- so we rely on some code in pc.c and pci.c to make the chipset look
configured and to set up the BARs.

--
Antony T Curtis <address@hidden>