qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Inquiry, speed comparison on OS X, QEMU vs Virtual PC

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Inquiry, speed comparison on OS X, QEMU vs Virtual PC
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 15:14:53 +0200

Pierre d'Herbemont wrote:
I probably should add that the Mac OS X version that is avalaible for download doesn't include support for the PowerPC swapping instructions (little-endian storing and loading instructions). Next release will.

You mean that lwbrx is disabled for example ? I did not notice that in your patch.

An important note: the PowerPC host register usage is currently disabled in QEMU in system emulation mode (see dyngen-exec.c:88) because there are issues left in exception support. Once it is enabled again, there will be a noticable speed boost.

Fabrice.