qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] SDL, GLIBC_PRIVATE error for __libc_sigaction

From: Paul Jakma
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] SDL, GLIBC_PRIVATE error for __libc_sigaction
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 12:27:33 +0100 (IST)

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:

Do: LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5 qemu <and the qemu parameters>

Hmm, that doesnt work:

 LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5 ./i386-softmmu/qemu -hda /mnt/s10/hda.img -hdb
/mnt/s10/hdb.img -m 256
./i386-softmmu/qemu: error while loading shared libraries: libm.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

What I have done is just to remove the sigaction stuff from vl.c, as I found a post to the list (via google) which suggested that this libc abuse is only needed for old libc's (linuxthreads?). If I do that qemu works, I get a window popped up, it stays black and after a while qemu segfaults. Thing is, qemu also segfaults if i compile without SDL support.

This is on x86-64. Is qemu known to work on 64bit systems? I noticed quite a few integer<->pointer warnings when compiling qemu..

Thanks,
Hetz

regards,
--