qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Win98: how to exchange data with Linux

From: John R. Hogerhuis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Win98: how to exchange data with Linux
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:11:29 -0700

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 10:58, Adrian Smarzewski wrote:

> John R. Hogerhuis wrote:
> | Yes, it is a non-workable idea to try to share a filesystem between two
> | running OSes.
>
> I don't agree because samba for example is the application that does it.
>
> - - change samba serwer to little server builded-in into qemu
> - - change smb windows client to filesystem driver communicating with our
> server

Ah. Could I phrase it as: you wish to share the drive through Windows
networking but you want to share it through QEMU communicating through
I/O ports to the loopback device only.

I guess then there is no need to set up real networking between guest
and host just to share files.

That is in the realm of the possible. Wouldn't it be easier though just
to set up the virtual network?

-- John.