qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Adding a tftpd to slirp

From: Magnus Damm
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Adding a tftpd to slirp
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 22:25:30 +0200

Hi all,

I would like to transfer files from my host to the virtual environment
in a simple and fast way. With as little dependencies as possible. Right
now I'm using uuencode and uudecode over the serial port, it works but
it is waaay too slow.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to add a tftpd besides the bootp/dhcp server?
That would provide a simple way to get files from the host.
(Yes, and think etherboot, pxe, u-boot...)

If the maintainers think it is a good idea, then I would be happy to
modify netkit-tftpd to work with slirp.

/ magnus

PS. Please CC:me, I'm not subscribed yet.