qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Sound & Win98

From: malc
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Sound & Win98
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 02:41:42 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Joe Menola wrote:

> No, Win98 never had issues with crashing. It simply produced no sound. Which
> it still doesn't, but it trys. But as before, it just sits in play mode going
> no where until it's manually stopped.

Strange, just today i did a testdrive with EMU1K and it worked fine. Then
again i used "latest and greatest" audio patches (and i belive the system
was using ALSA's OSS emulation) In any case Win98's sound worked
with 6_aqemu - on, at least, AU8830(ALSA) and some integrated AC'97(ALSA +
the patch more or less like the one i presented yesterday)

> WinXP was the one crashing on 2nd sound event, it no longer crashes but wave
> files produce only "beeps n blips" not the proper sounds.
>
> I wanted to try playing a cd, but you guys stole my qemu monitor so I can't
> "change cdrom" lol. And qemu wont boot with a music cd in drive.
> How do I get it back?

C-S-F2 i guess

--
mailto:address@hidden