qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] incomplete floppy images

From: Jani Monoses
Subject: [Qemu-devel] incomplete floppy images
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:07:37 +0300

Hello
is there a requirement in qemu that images passed to -fda are exactly 1.44
sized images?

Last Friday I sent a patch fixing boot from files which don't have sizes
multiple of 512, where the last incomplete 'sector' was ignored.
ecos bootable applications are such examples and so is the asmutils linux boot
disk to mention two that I found.

bochs boots both of them so I had a hard time figuring out what the problem
was in qemu's case.

So unless the requirement above is true is such a patch desired?

thanks
Jani