qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] VNC Patch - 6th version

From: Lindsay Mathieson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] VNC Patch - 6th version
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 22:02:33 +1000

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 08:21 pm, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> > Got it running:
> > - still have to manually  edit keyboard_rdesktop.c and hardcode the
> > prefix path for keycode to load
>
> The patch assumes that you start qemu from the qemu directory. By the way,
> you don't have to rename the qemu directory to qemu_vnc or qemu_cvs, but
> you can "cd qemu; patch -p1 < qemu-rfb6.patch".

Thats exactly what I did, didn't work. Had to rename qemu to qemu_cvs
first.That patch I decompressed had qemu_cvs in it.

> > - the mouse does seem to track now, though it is extremely jerky and
> > erratic
>
> Yes. I don't know yet why it is jerky, but I found it more important that
> it is sort of accurate first.
That it does seem to be. Its probably worth mentioning that using qemu via
remote xwindows/sdl is equally jerky. Hwoever the vnc client (when connected)
is much better looking.

I use utltra vnc for a client usually, but tight vnc has the same problems.
Both clients are under windows. The host os is Mandrake 10

> > The session keeps disconnecting, it seems to make a difference choosing
> > different compression ratios, also screen res in the guest makes a real
> > difference as well.
> >
> > [...]
> > 19/08/2004 16:29:00 WriteExact: select: Interrupted system call
> > 19/08/2004 16:29:00 rfbSendUpdateBuf: write: Interrupted system call
>
> this probably means a bug in LibVNCServer. Hopefully I find the time to
> look into that.

Ok,

cheers - Lindsay

--
Blore's Razor:
        Given a choice between two theories, take the one which is funnier.