qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Qemu and Plan 9 - HD issues

From: Mark Williamson
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Qemu and Plan 9 - HD issues
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 19:14:44 +0100

Hi guys,

I'm playing around with plan 9.  It appears that it can't detect a hard drive
when running in QEmu...  Therefore I'm limited to booting off the floppy and
can't install.  I have configured the HD correctly (AFAIK ;-) and I've had
other OSs booting OK.

I also managed to get hold of an HD image of P9 - the bootloader starts OK but
then it seems the hard drive is not detected again since it only lists fd0 as
a boot device.

P9 seems to get even less far if I try it in Bochs...

Any suggestions as to where I might go from here?  I'm willing to do a bit of
bug hunting in order to get this working but would appreciate suggestions as
to what to try and what to look for.

Cheers,
Mark