qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Test Installing MDAC in windows guest

From: Francisco Figueiredo Jr.
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Test Installing MDAC in windows guest
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 13:11:13 -0300

Hi all,

I know I already sent a msg about installing MDAC giving me problems with access violations.

Also I read the reports about the possibility of it is using MMX instructions and this could be giving me problems.

But I'd like to know if someone with a windows guest could try to install MDAC:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/c/d/f/cdfd58f1-3973-4c51-8851-49ae3777586f/MDAC_TYP.EXE

this is 2.8 version, but you can feel free to try anyone from www.microsoft.com/data

I know I may be asking too much, but I'd like to know if you too have this problem in a hope of be some problem in my configuration.

I don't want to buy VMWare to have a win2k box in my linux :)
And I'd like much more to use open source software qemu.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Francisco Figueiredo Jr.